Invitation to Participate
The International Skeletal Society (ISS) invites members and non-members to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at the 2022 ISS Annual Meeting. Submissions must not have been published elsewhere.
2022 ISS Annual Meeting
October 22-25, 2022
Hotel Arts Barcelona
The recommended abstract length is between 250 and 350 words, excluding the title and authors' names. Abstract titles should be descriptive (200 characters or less). The correspondent will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the abstract. Please notify your co-authors that the confirmation was received.
Procedures and Deadlines:
- All abstracts must be received by Friday, February 18, 2022.
- All Authors and co-authors must complete disclosures within the submission. All disclosures will be collected during the submission process. Please have all this information from your authors before submitting your abstract. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT WITHOUT THIS COMPLETED.
- Abstracts are approved for inclusion in the program by the ISS Executive Committee upon recommendation by the 2022 ISS Program Committee.
- Announcements of approved papers will be made at the end of April/early May.
- Complete instructions for speaker and paper presentation will be provided upon notification of a paper’s acceptance.
- All submissions must be HIPAA-compliant and patient confidentiality must be protected. No patient names or other identifying information can appear in the presentation.
- Due to our blinded peer-review policy, the abstract cannot contain author names, institution names, location, or any information that may identify where the work originated.
- Non-members of the ISS including residents or fellows in training (radiology, pathology, rheumatology, orthopedics, sports medicine, etc.) and applicants for membership to the ISS are encouraged to submit abstracts. No need for ISS co-author involvement in the abstract.
- Scientific Presentations and Technical Innovations are focused on hypothesis-driven original research.
- Accepted scientific presentations will be scheduled either as an Oral Presentation or Electronic Poster. You may indicate your format preference in the “Presentation Type” tab on the submission site. Consideration will be given to your indicated preference; however, final decisions on format assignment will be at the discretion of scientific committee.
- Oral Presentations will require a 10-minute platform presentation or a 5-minute short platform presentation during the Scientific Session of the ISS meeting the week of October 23-28. These are typically scheduled on Monday and Tuesday.
- Electronic Posters will be displayed as PowerPoint slide shows in PDF format during the annual meeting. One author on each accepted presentation is required to attend the meeting.
Educational Electronic Exhibits and Case Reports:
Education Electronic Exhibits and Case Reports are designed to teach or review radiologic signs, pathologic correlations, procedures, techniques, treatments, and interventions or other aspects related to the practice of musculoskeletal imaging and pathology. The Educational Electronic Exhibits and Case Reports will be displayed as PowerPoint slide shows in PDF format during the annual meeting. One author on each accepted presentation is required to attend the meeting.
ISS Contact Information:
All ISS Abstract questions should be directed to Debbie Roller at, [email protected]
ISS is not responsible for the content within each presentation, and it is not representative of the opinions of ISS.